Need to brush up on your understanding of whisky? You’ve come to the right place. Here, you will find links to a number of posts that will help you explore and understand whisky. How is it made? Where does its flavour come from? How do you drink it? What are No Age Statement or “NAS” whiskies? Should you rely on whisky awards and scores? What is batch variation and why does it matter? I address these questions, and more, in the following posts.
- ‘How is whisky made and where does its flavour come from? Distilling and Maturing whisky‘
- ‘How to nose and taste whisky‘
- ‘The thing about No Age Statement (“NAS”) whisky is…‘
- ‘Is your taste in “good” whisky subjective and are whisky awards reliable?‘
- ‘Is that “award winning whisky” really an award winning whisky?‘